Currently in construction, to waterproofing the tank is particularly important in every household. People use a variety of waterproofing techniques to protect human health is always placed on the top. However, there are four basic waterproofing methods:
1. Use a waterproofing admixture mixed with concrete:
- Advantages: It can be waterproofed for large concrete items, such as concrete blocks in the foundation, to be installed in special environments such as at sea, estuary or marshes that other options can not. Applicable.
- Disadvantages: It is difficult to thoroughly treat infiltration sites, due to the cracking of the legs after 2 to 3 years and with the external environment factors that cause problems to be dealt with.
Theoretically, this method may be feasible but in fact shows that due to environmental conditions, the temperature affects the concrete mass producing the bird's crack, which directly affects the Slump in concrete pouring process, making the concrete can not be uniform. Thus, the hydration reactions and activation of the admixture mix in each concrete batch are not uniform in a structural block. After a time will arise issues to treat waterproof ...
2. Use bituminous film, polymers, glues, etc. to form waterproofing membranes.
- Advantages: It can be used for waterproofing on elevated tanks, where there is no pressure from the water outside the impact.
- Disadvantages: It is difficult to apply waterproofing for underground structures, high cost, high technical requirements and low labor productivity.
3. Use a permeable solution to create a waterproof silicone membrane.
- Advantages: Can be used for waterproof surface, simple construction, high labor productivity and reasonable price.
- Cons: It is difficult to apply reverse waterproofing for construction items.
4. Use cementitious materials for waterproofing such as Quicseal 104S and Quicseal 144.
- Advantages: Apply waterproofing, waterproof materials or regular contact with water. The special feature of this technology is that it has active ingredients that combine with the moisture in the capillary of the concrete and then penetrate into the capillaries. The interaction between the material and the moisture in the capillaries of the concrete continues for several years. Some of these materials also have the ability to penetrate 25-30cm thick concrete in 2-3 years, so they can be waterproof in two different directions.