The house is moldy, absorbent not only cause aesthetic but also deteriorate the quality of the works. Therefore, the waterproofing for the house, especially the concrete ceiling should be invested properly. But to ensure effective waterproofing as well as easy to choose appropriate waterproofing materials, first need to determine what is causing this phenomenon.
1. What are the main causes of the leakage?
- Soak up the roof: This is one of the main causes of water permeability. Water from the roof will leak to the wall, technical boxes through the crack of the bird's feet, cracked bare collar, capillary hollow, gradually "spread" the whole building.
- Water absorption from the toilet: In the space, the toilet is considered to be the most susceptible to water and moisture because it is often used water and high humidity.
Water absorption from bare cracks: Rain water flows into the cracks in the neck and penetrates into the wall. This prolongation will cause widespread infiltration.
- Water from the cracks, cracks in the bird's foot: phenomenon cracking birds are often seen in the outer walls. When it rains, rainwater will follow these cracks and penetrate into the inner walls, causing watery and moldy.
- Water permeability due to faults in water supply.
- Waterproofing by the contractor's construction, not using waterproofing materials for terrace, ceiling, wall, toilet ...
Causes of concrete penetration
Works in Vietnam often use concrete ceilings by firmness. However, after a while, concrete ceilings are often degraded rapidly, which is most noticeable is the appearance of yellow stain, black mold, blue gray on the ceiling. This phenomenon occurs because of three main causes:
- The temperature difference leads to concrete shrinkage. In particular, the summer, the high temperature, the concrete roof hatches, but the winter comes, the low temperature shrinks. This process causes a "thermal shock of concrete", with small cracks of less than 0.5 mm.
- Using concrete slabs not meet the requirements, poor quality concrete so after a while, concrete ceiling cracked, the water under these cracks penetrated into the house.
Concrete joint placement (between new concrete floor and old concrete floor) is not waterproof.
In addition to the three major causes of the above-mentioned concrete ceiling, there are some other causes, such as the construction contractor's subjective neglect of the waterproofing, selection and use of anti-penetration materials. permeability does not match.
Remember, waterproofing from the beginning is always more efficient and effective than repairing, repairing waterlogged, moldy imperfections. Especially in the weather conditions, weather conditions like rain and sun like water, the waterproofing becomes more important.
According to Le Trinh / tcxd.vn